Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Everything In Me Says "Thank You"

     Two weeks before Thanksgiving, I received the message that my big brother had cancer of the kidney and was scheduled for surgery to remove his right kidney and the tumor. I immediately made plans to travel from Chico to Arizona to be with him. On the Saturday before I went, I asked all the volunteers at A Healing Place to lay hands on me in proxy for my brother, and pray for his healing.
        The Sunday before Thanksgiving was my brother's 74th birthday. The following Tuesday morning, my brother Jim went to surgery as scheduled. Just short of three hours later his surgeon came out to speak with Jim's wife Loralee. He said he was done, the kidney had been removed, as well as a tumor as big as the kidney that had been growing both inside and outside the kidney. When all of that was removed, they had a clear view of that whole interior region, and declared it cancer free, with no damage to any other organs, tubes, or other tissue in his body. Also, his 74-year-old left kidney was in perfect condition and so no measures would have to be taken to compensate for the removal of his right kidney. Two days later, on Thanksgiving afternoon, my brother Jim was back home, healing and gaining strength in a wondrous way. By Saturday afternoon he was taking short walks outside saying hello to neighbors.
       Is God awesome or what!!   My heart rejoices for the wonderful and miraculous gift God gave my family this Thanksgiving. I concur with the words and the heart of King David in Psalm 138:1-3 ...

Thank you! Everything in me says “Thank you!”
    Angels listen as I sing my thanks.
I kneel in worship facing your holy temple
    and say it again: “Thank you!”
Thank you for your love,
    thank you for your faithfulness;
Most holy is your name,
    most holy is your Word.
The moment I called out, you stepped in;
    you made my life large with strength. 

No comments:

Post a Comment