Thursday, March 22, 2018


          “He himself bore our sins in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.” I Peter 2:24


          We have been praying for some time now for Paul Blumert who has been suffering tremendously because of brain cancer, and the fall-out of the various medications and treatments.
            It is a joy to report that there has been much improvement!  The tumor has shrunk significantly, some of the side effects are no longer a problem, his pain and nausea are much reduced, and overall, he is much more comfortable and able to be at home with his family. They are so grateful for all your prayers, and of course, most of all, they are so thankful for God’s healing and presence.

          Today I had the pleasure of hearing a report of a miracle.  A friend who we have often prayed for at A Healing Place told me that God intervened in her life this week to “make a way where there was no way.”  She has been struggling with many health issues this past year, as well as facing a dire financial situation. In light of these things, she did not renew her driver’s license when it came due based on what her ophthalmologist told her after eye surgery. She did want to keep her car, however, so that other people could use it to take her places. When the DMV renewal came up, she was informed that it needed to be repaired before it could be smogged. She did not have money to fix it, so she let the registration lapse. In an amazing turn of events that were orchestrated by God and unknown to her at the time, her vision improved enough to drive, a friend who passed away recently gave her money for the purpose of repairing her car, and a DMV staff woman whom she did not know, served as the physical vessel to work a miracle at DMV.  My friend was able to pass both the driver’s license vision and driving test, pay for her car to be repaired, and pay the reduced fee to register her car and restore her driving privilege. In her words, “God is so awesome!  He knew I was sad to be in that situation and that I really wanted to keep my independence and have a car, even though I came to a point where I didn’t ask him for that, but just accepted that I was done driving. But I guess he has other plans for me!”  

           “I will praise God’s name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.”   Psalm 69:30



            


No comments:

Post a Comment