Saturday, July 18, 2015

          "I will praise you with an upright heart as I learn your righteous laws."   -Psalm 119:7 NIV

          Recently while teaching a series on Psalms, our pastor invited us to write our own psalm to God to express our thoughts and feelings. The following "psalm" is not from the Bible, but an expression of some of my thoughts and feelings about, and to, our amazing, glorious God. I am sharing it on this page because it includes a testimony of some of the ways God has physically healed me as a result of prayer at A Healing Place.

                     Psalm of Thanksgiving
(A psalm of Sara, seeker of His presence)

Your presence, God is what I desire above all else, 
For where You are there is peace.
Overwhelm me with your presence so that the chaos of darkness that surrounds my life
Is chased away and replaced with the calm Light of your presence.

It's your presence, Lord, for which I hunger and thirst,
For where You are there is forgiveness.
My heart was heavy with the guilt of my sins, 
But your love and mercy replaced my shame with a heart set free;
My dirty and stained garments You replaced with your white robe of righteousness.

Your presence, Lord, is what my heart longs for,
For where You are there is healing.
I was afflicted with respiratory invaders and could not get my breath,
But You, O Lord, breathed into me the cleansing breath of Your Spirit and healed me forever.
When my skin fell prey to murderous ultra violet rays,
Your Son spoke and made it as newborn skin.
When my bones rebelled against the alignment of your design,
You sent healing hands to put them aright.

You, O Lord, are why my heart sings:
When I am lonely, You surround me with your sweet presence, and I am lonely no more;
When I am sad, You make me smile and my grief runs away;
When I am afraid, You make me bold and victory is mine;
When I am confused, You give me wisdom and show me the way in which I should go.
When I am tempted, You replace my unsatisfying cravings with the fullness of You.

You are my provider; I have all that I need, and more!
You are my protector; I am always safe!
You are my healer; I am blessed with health!
Your are my peace; nothing can disturb me!
You are my joy; there is no sorrow in your presence!

Thank You, Lord, for these many blessings.
My heart sings, O Lord, for your steadfast love to me.
I am grateful, Lord, for your faithfulness; your promises are life to me.
I praise You, O Lord, for that which I have no words to describe.
Most of all, I love You Lord for the Wonder of Who You are!

Overwhelm me with your presence, Lord.
Overtake my being and fill me to overflowing with You.
Overcome my frailties and replace them with the power of Your Holy Spirit.
Overwhelm me with your presence, Lord.




No comments:

Post a Comment