Thursday, July 20, 2017

        "Thank the Lord!  Praise his name!  
Tell the world about his wondrous love 
and how mighty he is!"
Isaiah 12:4  

     Dan has narrow angle glaucoma and has no peripheral vision to his left out of his left eye. Because he was late to get an accurate diagnosis, he lost almost 100% of his vision in that eye. The optic nerve had stopped functioning due to its deterioration of the untreated disease.
     Last week I accompanied Dan to his eye doctor appointment for a general check-up. I didn't follow him from room to room for all the exams but asked to be brought in when the doctor talked to him about the examination results.
     When I entered the conference room, the doctor greeted me with, "This is the miracle man right here." At first I thought he was talking about himself because he is a gifted doctor and he knows it! But then I saw that he was gesturing toward Dan. I replied, "Oh, really?"  Dr. Woods then said, "I don't have an explanation for this guy. For some reason, his optic nerve is functioning again. I know I'm a very good doctor and I have the best equipment, but I can't take credit for this. His optic nerve is working well and except for the extreme left side peripheral vision, his sight has recovered to 20-50 vision in his left eye, and his right eye is 20-20; the disease is not affecting vision in that eye at all." 
     Maybe Dr. Woods had no explanation for the recovered sight, but we sure do!  We know that God heard our prayers for healing of this awful disease and to restore Dan's sight. While he is still diagnosed with the disease, he has recovered nearly all of his sight that was lost and his optic nerve is functioning as it should. Hallelujah! God is great!!

No comments:

Post a Comment